1 put in motion or move to act; "trigger a reaction"; "actuate the circuits" [syn: trip, trigger, activate, set off, spark off, spark, trigger off, touch off]
2 give an incentive for action; "This moved me to sacrifice my career" [syn: motivate, propel, move, prompt, incite]
- To activate, or to put into motion; to animate.
- To incite to action; to motivate.
- 1748. HUME, David Enquiries concerning the human understanding
and concerning the principles of moral. 2. ed. London: Oxford
University Press, 1973. § 11.
- A man in a fit of anger, is actuated in a very different manner from one who only thinks of that emotion.
- 1748. HUME, David Enquiries concerning the human understanding and concerning the principles of moral. 2. ed. London: Oxford University Press, 1973. § 11.
- Portuguese: estimular
Actuate Corporation develops Business Intelligence, Performance Management and Java Reporting software. Actuate is also heavily involved in the Eclipse Foundation, as a board member, strategic developer and co-leader of the BIRT (Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools) project. Founded in 1993, the company employs about 600 people and serves over 4,000 customers worldwide.
- Actuate 9 is the company's core product suite. Actuate reports
are constructed on a Collaborative Reporting Architecture. The
Collaborative Reporting Architecture provides skills-specific
environments and leverages Eclipse,
XML, AJAX. The architecture
enables design sharing and interactive viewing. Actuate 9 provides
3 essential types of Enterprise
- Collaborative Reporting - Interactive reporting jointly developed by IT and business users enables design sharing across skill-matched reporting tools.
- Spreadsheet Reporting - Automatically generates analysis-ready, data-driven Excel spreadsheets for large user populations.
- Brochure-Quality Reporting - Brand-conscious, precise, multi-format reporting, leveraged in customer interaction applications and operational performance reporting where ease of consumption is the driving factor.
- Actuate Performancesoft Suite is a product set that resulted from Actuate's 2006 acquisition of Performancesoft Inc. Performancesoft was the maker of Performancesoft Views (formerly known as pbviews), a well known Performance management and balanced scorecard and activity management software vendor.
Data Sources Supported
Accessible data sources include:
- Oracle, IBM DB2, Microsoft Access, Sybase, Teradata, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, EJB's
- Spreadsheets such as Microsoft Excel or CSV
- Text files and XML
- Mainframe data sources
- Any other data source accessible through ODBC or OLAP.
- SAP, PeopleSoft, Siebel, other packaged applications via Open Data Access- ODA
- Ability to integrate any or all data sources via Enterprise Information Integration or EII
Actuate Software Products
- Report Development
- Actuate BIRT Report Designer Professional
- Actuate e.Report Designer Professional
- Actuate e.Spreadsheet Designer
- Report Deployment
- Actuate iPortal
- Actuate iServer
- Actuate e.Spreadsheet Engine
- End User Reporting and Analytics
- Actuate Interactive Viewer for BIRT Reports
- Actuate BusinessReport Studio
- Actuate Analytics Cube Designer
- Data Integration
- Actuate Information Object Designer
- Performance Management
- Actuate Performancesoft Views
- Actuate Performancesoft Track
animate, arouse, circulate, compel, drive, drive on, energize, excite, force, forward, foster, galvanize, give an impetus, give momentum, goad, impel, incite, mobilize, motivate, move, move to action, nudge, power, promote, propel, provoke, push, put in motion, rouse, set agoing, set going, set in motion, set off, shove, spark, stimulate, stir, thrust, vitalize, whip on